Non surgical Treatments
Nose holds a central position on your face. The size and shape of your nose make a huge difference in overall facial appearance. It determines the final look of your face. If you feel unhappy or dissatisfied with the shape or size of your nose, it could seriously damage your self-confidence. Fortunately, there are nose reshaping treatments available which can help in improving the shape as well as the size of your nose in harmony with your facial features.
Nose reshaping or rhinoplasty often referred to as ‘nose job’ can be a surgical or non-surgical procedure which can alter the shape and size of your nose. This can be done if you are unhappy with how your nose looks or you wish to restore the shape of your nose following an injury or trauma. Read the rest of this entry »
As UK is a multicultural country, the number of multicultural people from different cultural backgrounds and skin colours visiting hyperpigmentation clinics in London, is on the rise. Hyperpigmentation has become one of the most common skin issues following acne among the people of different skin colours and ethnicities. While the term ‘hyperpigmentation’ is quite broad, the basic definition of this term is an increase in the colour pigment of the skin called ‘melanin’. People having more melanin experience robust melanocytes and they have tendency to generate more colour pigment. Due to this most of the dark skinned people develop more dark spots as compared to fair skinned people.
Types and causes of hyperpigmentation
There are various forms of hyperpigmentation depending on its severity. Though it is a harmless condition but people often seek hyperpigmentation skin treatment in London due to cosmetic reasons. The common forms and causes of hyperpigmentation include the following;
- Lentigenes: this is the most common type of hyperpigmentation also called freckles. These are the spot clusters that usually form on the upper cheek and nose. It is mostly a genetic condition which may worsen due to environmental factors.
- Sun spots: also called dark or brown spots are usually induced due to excessive sun exposure or photo damage. They form on cheeks, nose, forehead, exposed side of hands , décolletage and arms. They are formed as result of years of sun exposure.
- Age spots: these are formed as a result of ageing process. Age spots are not basically caused due to excess melanin. In fact they result from the accumulation of cellular waste pigment that results from ageing process.
- Post Inflammatory Hyperpigmentation (PIH): This is caused due to the inflammation of skin as a result of trauma or some injury to the skin such as acne, rash, eczema etc. It is common in people with darker skin tone.
- Melasma: It is induced normally due to changes in hormones normally in women during pregnancy. It appears on cheeks, forehead, nose, temples, upper lip and chin area.
- Birthmarks: this category includes the birthmarks and moles. But they require a different kind of treatments unlike other types of hyperpigmentation.
Treatments for hyperpigmentation
The treatment option depends on the type of hyperpigmentation you are experiencing. When you approach hyperpigmentation clinic London for treatment, the doctor or dermatologist will first carefully examine your condition and will determine the type of hyperpigmentation and its causes.
- Choosing topical skin care products
Some of the dermatologists may directly recommend having laser treatments but before going for laser treatments, try out topical creams especially for less severe types of hyperpigmentation like PIH and melasma. You can start off with the gentle retinoids. Then move on to the combination of topical creams having hydroquinone and retinoid. Another aggressive treatment recommended by hyperpigmentation clinics in London is the combination of topical creams with chemical skin peel treatment.
If you are looking for some over-the-counter-products then choose the skin care products having retinols and antioxidants like Vitamin C.
- Laser treatment
The advanced and state-of-the-art laser treatments are available to effectively address the issue of hyperpigmentation. But care should be taken following the treatment in applying suns screen to the skin otherwise it will come back, again.
If you suffer from the issue of hyperpigmentation then it is always better to approach some reputed and established hyperpigmentation clinic in Harley Street London to get the appropriate the treatment for your skin spots.
Naturally full and plump lips are always considered to be aesthetically impressive and captivating. Women with thin and small lips are always on look for ways to enhance their lips and add volume to them. Some use lip plumping devices which often damage their lips while others use plumping cosmetic products which also have their side effects like inflammation, allergy, sore lips etc. Some others, who can afford it, go for surgical lip augmentation which involves risks and complications and the results are unpredictable, as well. Read the rest of this entry »