The sensitive skin is highly prone to damage, dehydration and various skin reactions like pustules, skin bumps or erosions etc. It also has a high tendency towards skin blushing and flushing. In addition to developing dryness, sensitive skin is prone to developing skin disorders or allergic reactions such as eczema, rosacea or contact dermatitis. When exposed to sunlight, harsh chemicals in skincare products and excessive makeup, sensitive skin reacts very badly. As such type of skin is very delicate and reactive; it requires extra skin care and attention.
Here are some of the skincare tips to keep your sensitive skin in tip top condition.
- Start your day with lemon water: Starting your day with a glass of lemon water will help to combat the free radicals throughout the day. Lemon juice has Vitamin C and other antioxidants that help to remove the toxins from your blood. It keeps the skin healthy and radiant. Additionally, take lots of water throughout the day to keep your skin hydrated and moisturised and flush out toxins from the body.
- Use of daily sunscreen is a must: Use of sunscreen on daily basis is vital for protecting every type of skin and especially sensitive skin as it is highly reactive to the harmful UV sun rays. But you need to be cautious in the choice of sunscreen for sensitive skin as most of the regular sunscreens contain toxic ingredients or chemicals that disrupt endocrine glands, therefore, choose a broad spectrum sunscreen that has mild ingredients such as zinc oxide and titanium dioxide. The best is to choose a mineral based or physical formula. Apply sunscreen 20-30 minutes before you leave for outside.
- Be careful in the choice of skincare products: Sensitive skin is highly vulnerable to strong chemical ingredients in the regular skincare products. You need to buy the suitable products for the sensitive skin which have more of natural ingredients such as powerful antioxidants, anti-inflammatory ingredients like green tea, chamomile, aloe vera, oats, etc. Try to find the products that have fewer ingredients which are better for your sensitive skin care. Go for the products that are labelled ‘hypoallergenic’ and are ‘fragrance-free’. Before you start using any product, do a patch test. If you do not know which product to buy, it is better to consult a professional specialist or cosmetic practitioner.
- Be cautious in the choice and use of cosmetics: People with sensitive skin should be careful in choosing and applying makeup. Use a face powder with fewer preservatives, foundation that is silicone based and filler eyebrow and eyeliner. It is better to use mineral based cosmetics and avoid the use of waterproof makeup. Do not share your cosmetics with others and throw away old products.
- Use raw milk to cleanse your skin: Raw milk is an excellent cleanser for sensitive skin type. Milk also has anti-inflammatory and skin soothing properties which help to prevent dryness and itchy skin. It keeps your skin moisturised, gently exfoliate dead skin and improves complexion. To cleanse your skin, take some raw milk, dip a cotton pad and dab it on your skin. Leave this on for about 15-20 minutes then wash with lukewarm water.
- Use coconut milk as a moisturiser: The extra virgin coconut oil acts as a natural moisturising ingredient for the sensitive skin. Due to the presence of natural fatty acids, it prevents your skin from drying and keep it well moisturised. It penetrates through the skin pores giving skin nourishment and moisturization within. It also has anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties which prevent skin inflammation and conditions like eczema and psoriasis. Use it at night after cleansing and massage gently. Wash off in the morning.
Fullers and plumper lips look attractive and sensual. They increase the visual appeal of your overall face. From ancient times, women employed different methods to enhance the shape and volume of their lips and to make them a prominent feature of their face. There is a variety of lip plumping and volumising products available in the market nowadays that give a temporary plump and fuller look to your lips but their effects are for very short span of time and are quite subtle.
If you have small and thin lips or the effects of ageing have turned made them thin then you need to look for some relatively permanent lip enhancement options. There are surgical as well as non-surgical lip augmentation options available. Read the rest of this entry »
During the past year, lip fillers turned out to be one of the most searched beauty search related term of Google in the UK. This owes to Kylie Jenner who undergone a lip fillers treatment and openly admitted it resulting in going viral.
At the beginning, lip fillers held a bad reputation but that is mostly due to the handful of celebrities who had their lips done beyond their natural appearance and left with hugely unnatural lips. However, when the lip enhancement treatment with fillers is done by an experienced and professional cosmetic practitioner using temporary fillers, the treatment gives stunningly natural and beautifully enhanced results. Read the rest of this entry »
The size as well as your nose shape makes a huge difference in improving your overall facial appearance. It holds a central position on your face so if it’s not in proportionate with your other facial features; it adversely affects your self-confidence.
Until recently, the only way to fix the imperfections in the nose was surgical rhinoplasty. Although the surgical rhinoplasty procedure is quite effective in correcting nose shape and size, it is a highly invasive procedure which involves long recovery period with considerable pain, discomfort and side effects. Read the rest of this entry »
Nowadays, one of the most popular non-surgical cosmetic treatments that people want to have is a chemical peel. The treatment is meant to give your skin a complete makeover and rejuvenated appearance.
How chemical skin peels work?
What do actually chemical skin peels do? The out surface of your skin is made up of multiple epidermal cells layers. These cells act as a barrier against the environmental factors providing protection to the more delicate skin tissues, helps in regulating internal temperature while preventing your skin from dehydration. Read the rest of this entry »
Despite that botox has become immensely popular cosmetic as well as medical treatment, there are many people who still fear having it. People have concerns regarding the botox and most of them are outright lies. So here are some of eh truths unveiled hidden behind these lies to help people feel more relaxed and confident about having botox treatment. Read the rest of this entry »
With the arrival of winters, the skincare regime of most of the people turns little relaxed. This is because most of our bodies remain covered during the winters with heavy clothing. Legs are covered with stocking, small dresses are replaced by long heavy sweaters or cardigans hiding a slim and slender body, feet are covered with boots hiding pedicure, hands remain covered with gloves hiding manicure and the hair with beanies. Therefore, you may not need a feel of undertaking any beauty treatment during winters.
But remember that winters are the time when you prepare your skin and body for that hot summer tans and beach cocktail parties. It offers a perfect opportunity to nourish and rejuvenate your skin and make it ready to enjoy the summer sun.
So here are some of the skin rejuvenation treatments that you should be considering even during winter as they will keep your skin healthy and glowing through the season and you will enter the spring/summer season beaming and exposing a summer ready skin.
Chemical skin peel treatment: During summers chemical skin peels are a big no because your skin becomes extremely sensitive to the sun exposure which makes the winter an ideal time to have this wonderful skin rejuvenation treatment.
The skin peel treatment involves the application of a chemical agent on the skin surface which peels off the layers of dead and damaged skin cells which you might have gained during the summer season. The chemical peel treatment takes 3-6 sessions for light and medium peels to reveal a smooth, glowing and rejuvenated skin. These sessions are spread over few weeks during which you need to avoid exposing your skin to the skin as the new skin is highly vulnerable to sun damage. Therefore, getting a skin peel treatment during winters will keep your skin rejuvenated and refreshed even if you are going out as the sunlight is rare.
Laser hair removal treatment: shaving legs every other day during summers is a very difficult thing to do which most of the women hate. So if you love smooth and sexy legs then utilise these winter months to have a laser hair removal treatment. Why you need this time? The laser hair removal treatment requires almost 6-10 treatments spread over a number of weeks in order to catch the hair re-growth cycle. You also have to avoid the sun for at least 2 weeks before the treatment and 4 weeks following the treatment. Also, you should not do waxing or shaving during this period. Therefore, you can utilise these months fully to have hairless and smooth legs exposed in a bikini during summers.
E-derma stamp treatment: This is another highly effective skin rejuvenation treatment to try out during a winter season. It is a micro-needling device that has a handle and a head filled with small and sharp needles at the other end. These needles are stamped into the skin to stimulate the natural process of skin healing. It is a good option to even skin tone and texture. Treatment can be applied on any body part where there are scars, acne marks or stretch marks. It takes few weeks for the skin to heal to make collagen and elastin which firms and tightens skin.