Many people feel dissatisfied or unhappy with their nose shape. Some want to have pointed nose while others with flat noses want to have higher nose bridge. The shape of the nose definitely makes a huge difference in enhancing or ruining the facial appearance because nose holds a central position on your face.
If you too feel unhappy with a bump or hump on your nose bridge or want a well-shaped nose that compliments your facial features then rhinoplasty is your option. Now many of your must be afraid of undergoing a surgical rhinoplasty or nose job which involves extensive discomfort, pain and long recovery period. But you no longer need to undergo this painful procedure because you can achieve a desired nose shape and size through non-surgical nose job treatment.
A non-surgical nose job is an alternative procedure to traditional surgical rhinoplasty procedure that involves cutting of nasal structures to achieve the desired nose shape. The procedure of non-surgical rhinoplasty involves the injection of fillers such as Radiesse or Restylane for reshaping, resizing and contouring the nose.
The non-invasive rhinoplasty treatment is quick with no downtime and causes minimum discomfort. This treatment procedure is perfect for those who want to correct minor imbalances in their nasal structure. The effects of the treatment last for about 6-12 months. It makes an ideal procedure for people who are not willing to undergo a surgical procedure or who do not wish to have dramatic transformations in their nose shape.
If you too are considering undergoing non-surgical nose job treatment, here are the advantages and disadvantages to help you make a better decision.
- Non-surgical procedure: This is undoubtedly the most significant advantage of the procedure as it does not require any type of surgery. The treatment improves the nasal contours by using fillers which stimulate collagen production. No incision or downtime is required. Only a topical anaesthetic is applied on the nose to numb the area before procedure which minimizes discomfort. The results of the treatment are also instant and become noticeable immediately after the treatment.
- Little to no downtime: In traditional surgical nose job, recovery period is long and painful. The patient needs to have dressing on the nose to protect the surgical wound and should avoid any strenuous physical activity for months to aid healing. The incisions require proper cleaning on regular basis to prevent any infections.
In non-surgical rhinoplasty, there is little to no recovery period. The treatment is completed in only few minutes. As there are no stitches and incisions, there is no risk of complications and infections. You can immediately walk out of the clinic after receiving the treatment.
- Quick and natural looking results: the treatment gives natural looking results. It is ideal for the people who want to have subtle and soft changes in their nasal appearance. It is also an opportunity to test if the surgical rhinoplasty is suitable for you or not. If you feel satisfied with the results, then you can undertake repeat treatment or can opt for the surgical rhinoplasty.
- Temporary results: the effects of non-surgical nose job are temporary and last for about 6-12 months so it does not give long lasting results. This treatment does not correct the physiological issues of nose.
• Cannot be used for nasal reduction: if you want reduce the size of the nose to balance your facial features then the best option is surgical rhinoplasty. The fillers enhance and add to the nose size.