Rhinoplasty is considered to be the most commonly performed cosmetic facial surgery among women as well as men. It is one of the most difficult surgical procedures to perform and often cause serious complications with poor results.
A relatively latest fad in the world of aesthetic procedures is the non-surgical rhinoplasty procedure in which the nose is remarkably sculpted and transformed in only 15 minutes, unlike the traditional surgical rhinoplasty. The procedure has gained unusual popularity due to its high rate of safety, instant results and high rate of patient satisfaction for the selected patients. This transformation is achieved through the use of hyaluronic acid injections with virtually no discomfort and downtime.
The non-surgical nose job procedure is an easy, simple and convenient way to achieve instant nose reshaping. The patients who seek to have this procedure often have minor irregularities in the dimensions of the nose such as;
- Inadequate or excessive length of the nose
- Short or excessive projection of nasal tip
- Short or excessive projection of radix
- Hereditary or acquired malformations (such as saddle nose, bump or hump, bony dorsum etc.)
The excessive nasal dimensions can only be corrected through surgical rhinoplasty whereas the patients having inadequate dimensions or minor defects in the nose shape and size are ideal candidates for the non-surgical nose job procedure. The treatment is performed through the use of hyaluronic acid based dermal fillers which are safe and give quick results. Although these fillers give outstanding outcomes, they are not compatible with that of a surgical nose job and this should be discussed with the patient at the initial consultation. Additionally, the patient should know that repeat treatments would be required to maintain the long-term results.
Advantages of fillers for non-surgical nose job treatment
The non-surgical nose job London offers several advantages for the prospective candidates of the procedure including following:
- It is ideal for those people who fear surgery or have some contradictions to the use of general anaesthesia.
- It is effective for congenital as well as acquired nose deformities.
- It gives safe and satisfactory results.
- It can also be used to correct minor imperfections following surgical rhinoplasty.
- It is a minimally invasive procedure with no downtime and fewer temporary side effects.
- The complications and risks are minimal with this procedure.
- It is a fast and simple treatment and gives immediate results.
- The patient remains awake during the procedure so can watch the progress and can explain what adjustments are desired.
- A topical anaesthetic is applied to the injection sites to minimise discomfort.
Just like any cosmetic procedure, non-surgical nose job treatment is also not without disadvantages. Some of the disadvantages are following:
- The results of the procedure are temporary. The effects of the hyaluronic fillers fade away in 6-12 months depending on the filler type. So the patient requires having repeated treatments to maintain results.
- The application of the procedure is limited. It can only be used for nose enhancement and not for nose reduction.
- It can cause skin necrosis or skin thinning.
- It cannot correct the nasal problem pertaining to its function.