In the recent years, the non-surgical skin tightening and lifting procedures have become tremendously popular. It is because these procedures provide non-surgical means of correcting the laxity of skin as well as improving the quality of the skin. The introduction of innovative technology, techniques and products gives the exciting opportunity to the cosmetic doctors, dermatologists and plastic surgeons to provide minimally invasive non-surgical cosmetic solutions to the people.
There is the large variety of non-surgical anti-ageing procedures available today. The people have much more choice than it was 10 or 15 years ago when the only way to reverse the cruel hands of time was surgery. These non-surgical skin tightening and firming procedures provide a quick and easy solution for the signs of ageing and can even be undertaken at an early age as a preventive measure to age gracefully and attractively.
When can you consider non-surgical cosmetic treatments?
- If you are experiencing mild to moderate loose skin, lines and wrinkle, skin dullness
- If you have developed skin laxity following any surgical procedure
- If you want to achieve improvement in your skin tone and quality
- If you are not willing to undergo surgical cosmetic procedure to correct the laxity of skin
Pros and cons
As surgical cosmetic procedures have their pros and cons, non-surgical aesthetic treatments also have their pros and cons which include the following;
- The non-surgical cosmetic procedures are quick and easy to perform requiring only local anaesthetic.
- There are little to no incisions involved with mild discomfort and little to no downtime in most cases.
- They are effective and safe when administered by expert and trained practitioner.
- Most of the non-surgical aesthetic treatments give instant results which are clearly noticeable.
- These treatments can be performed on all skin types.
- These are performed on outpatient basis.
- The results of non-surgical cosmetic treatments are not permanent and dramatic as compared to those achieved through surgical cosmetic procedures.
- Multiple treatment procedures are usually required to achieve the optimal results.
- The common side effects are the skin redness, swelling, bruising and numbness in and around the treated area.
- Repeat treatments are required after a certain period of time to maintain the results.
When you consider undergoing any of the non-surgical cosmetic treatment, you should weigh the above-mentioned pros and cons to make your decision. If you wish to focus on the treatment that is unique to your condition, then it is highly recommended that you consult the cosmetic doctor or practitioner.
Options for non-surgical anti-ageing treatments
There are multiple anti-ageing non-surgical cosmetic treatment options available which you can consider while opting for the treatment. You can discuss these with your cosmetic consultant to get the better advice.
- Botox: It is a highly popular option for removing the wrinkles and lines and achieving smooth skin. Botox injections relax muscles which smooth out the lines and wrinkles. It is appropriate for upper face wrinkles and neck bands.
- Dermal fillers: facial volume loss accompanies ageing. Fillers restore the lost facial volume and restore the young and youthful contours while improving the quality of skin and hydration.
- Chemical peels: The skin peels works by exfoliating the upper skin layers of dead skin cells and surfacing the new and rejuvenated skin. It helps in reducing fine lines, wrinkles, blemishes, pigmentation, acne, discoloration, and skin texture and sun damage.
- Laser/IPL treatments: These induce a controlled injury in the epidermis and dermis layers of skin to which the body responds by producing more collagen. This results in skin thickness, firmness and improves the skin quality and texture.