One of the most common skin problems that affect the masses is hyperpigmentation. It is a skin pigmentation problem that appears in the form of dark spots or patches of skin discolouration particularly on the face giving aged and unpleasant appearance.
Hyperpigmentation can be the result of several factors but the most common are the sun exposure, hormonal changes, skin injury and medications or illness side effect. If you see dark patches or changes in your skin tone or dark spots then it is most likely that you too suffer from the issue of hyperpigmentation but you do not need to worry too much about it. There are many home remedies and hyperpigmentation treatments available which you can try to lighten those dark pesky spots and achieve a lighter and brighter skin.
- Potatoes: It is a well-known vegetable that effectively lighten the dark spots and blemishes on the skin. Take freshly cut slices of potato and rub gently on the affected area daily. You can also take the potato juice and mix it with fuller earth to make a mask which you can apply n your face daily to lighten pigmentation.
- Lemon Juice and Honey: Take equal amount of honey and lemon juice and mix them. Apply this solution on the affected areas. The lemon is known for its natural bleaching properties while honey gives moisture. If you have sensitive skin then does not use this remedy.
- Aleo vera: It is a widely used ingredient in a variety of skin care products. It has natural healing as well as soothing properties. Cut the aloe-vera leaf and extract the gel. Store it in a bottle in the fridge. Mix a capsule of vitamin E in it to enhance its effect. Apply this mix on your face daily for 15-20 minutes then rinse off.
- Honey and milk: Take 1tsp on honey and 1 tsp of milk. You can also add some curd in this. The lactic acid present in milk and curd helps to remove the dead skin cells leaving behind fresh skin with a lighter tone.
- Orange peel: peel off the oranges and dry the peels. Make a powder and keep it in a jar. Take a tbsp of orange peel powder; mix it with some honey and milk to make a thick paste. Apply this mask on the affected areas for 30 minutes then wash off with water.
- Cucumber juice: It is an effective remedy for lightening pigmentation. You can apply the cucumber juice or can also form a solution of cucumber juice, lemon juice and honey in equal quantities. Apply it on the pigmented areas on a daily basis for 15-20 minutes and rinse off.
With these home remedies, you need to adopt a persistent approach with patience. If you do not feel like getting results then you can choose the professional medical hyperpigmentation treatments from the expert dermatologist or cosmetic practitioner.
Prevention of skin pigmentation
- Avoid exposure to heat and sunlight.
- Always wear a good SPF sunscreen when you visit outdoors.
- Try to wear long sleeved and loose clothes with a wide- brimmed hat and sunglasses.
- Adopt a consistent and proper skin care regime.