Botox injection is FDA-approved aesthetic procedure. It is a very safe and effective treatment when performed by the trained and experienced professional licensed and certified cosmetic practitioner. The botched botox jobs are a result of the unsafe Botox practices by untrained and unprofessional people.
The injection of Botox requires precision, skill and in-depth knowledge which make all the difference in the administering botox treatment. So if you are considering having the Botox injections treatment, then you should consider these basic precautions.
- Do research: Before you consider undergoing the treatment, do you research about the Botox, what it is, side effects, risks, benefits and complications. This will help you to take an informed decision about whether you actually want to have the Botox treatment or not.
- Find a skilful, trained and experienced practitioner: This is of crucial importance because there is a large number of inexperienced professionals offering botox treatment but they do not have the required skill to do it properly. Visit the various aesthetic clinics and ask them about the qualification and training of their cosmetic practitioner, ask your friends for any good recommendations, check out the online review sites to get the information about the authentic and experienced practitioners. All these practices will help you to land at the right place and get the desired botox treatment with minimal side effects and optimum results.
- Choose the aesthetic clinics for treatment: Botox is a medical prescription drug and the treatment is a medical procedure. Choose to get the treatment at a doctor’s clinic rather than any spa or beauty clinic. If something gets wrong, the doctor’s clinic would have the necessary equipment and drugs to take things under control.
- Avoid having botox injections at the botox parties: with the side spread popularity of botox, exclusive botox parties are held. Remember that it is a medical procedure and should be performed only in the sterilised environment by the expert injector. The botox injections are most likely to be performed by inexperienced injectors at these parties which may save you some money but can lead to potential complications and side effects. So avoid such parties.
- Botulinum toxin is not recommended if you are breastfeeding or pregnant women: It could have potential side effects in such cases however the exact side effects are unknown.
- Do not rub the injection site after injections: Rubbing the injection site following the botox injections treatment can spread the toxin in the nearby muscles causing undesired effects.
- Get immediate medical help if having any physical problems: If you have any swallowing, breathing or unexpected muscle weakness following the botox injections treatment, immediately seeks medical help.
- Do not buy Botox online: Remember that the botox is a prescription only drug and should be prescribed by a licensed practitioner. Never buy online botox and try to inject it by yourself. It could be potentially dangerous. Additionally, counterfeit Botox has also been shipped and distributed by the unlicensed distributors around the country so make sure that your practitioner uses the botox from licensed distributors.