Botox has been in use for treating various clinical conditions since 1989. It is a neurotoxin drug that is generated from a bacterium Clostridium Botulinum. Botox treatment is primarily known for its anti-wrinkle and anti-ageing effects. The main function of botox is that it decreases the activity and functionality of the muscle by interfering with the transmission of neurotransmitters. It is given in little doses through injection into the target muscles that exist underneath the wrinkle or line. It weakens the muscle activity while relaxing it. It gives a smooth and wrinkle free surface to the skin where it is injected for few months.
Botox anti-wrinkle treatment is popularly use for treating the lines and wrinkles on face such as crow’s feet, frown lines and lines between the eyebrows as you can see botox before and after picture below
Botox treatment has been considered a miraculous treatment all across the world due to its ability to produce astonishing changes in physical appearance of the individuals. When Botox is injected into the target muscles, it restricts the nerve impulses that are created by the nerves reaching the skin tissue that inflicts the wrinkle or line on skin. This results in reducing the frown lines and other wrinkles giving a youthful facial appearance. But it is not always only used for the treatment of facial wrinkles and lines.
The total time taken by the botox treatment is 10-20 minutes after which you can easily resume your daily activities. The results start to become visible in about 3-6 days after the treatment. The treatment can cause slight bruising, swelling and redness which are temporary side effects. For more information about side effects visit http://www.cosmedocs.co.uk
If you plan to have Botox treatment then it is essential to know the Do’s and Don’ts of Botox treatment.
Do’s of Botox treatment
- Before you undertake the Botox treatment, always do research and seek the treatment from a professional, qualified and trained aesthetic practitioner who must possess the necessary botox training, certification and experience to inject Botox.
- Have a detailed consultation session and discussion with your practitioner before having botox treatment and tell everything about your medical history. Also ask questions to satisfy your concerns.
- Check the environment of the clinic or health facility for cleanliness, sterilization and safety.
Don’ts of Botox treatment
- After having the botox treatment, you should not touch or rub the area treated at least for a single day.
- Any strenuous physical activity should be avoided after receiving botox injections in order to avoid sweating which could affect the treatment.
- Pregnant or breast feeding women should not opt for botox treatment.
- If you have recently undergone any surgery or anaplasty, it is not recommended to have botox.
- Following the botox injections, you should not lie down or sleep for at least 3-4 hours to avoid the spread of toxin.
By following these simple tips about botox treatment, you can get the best outcomes of the therapy.